Daily habits and things you need to do to get you there.
1. “Failure to plan is planning to fail”
Ever think how different your life could be if you followed your dream or something that you always wanted to do or achieve?
When you set a goal, and are working towards a deadline you realise how valuable time is and how it flashes right past your eyes.
The people that have achieved greatness in this world are people who have set goals and have conquered them. The same applies to you. Everyone starts somewhere but it’s the people that take action that are the people making a difference.
No matter what your goal may be, to achieve optimal results we suggest that you have a coach to keep you on track and to hold you accountable. Having a bulletproof support group is crucial to give you a pick up when you fall down. You need to have a daily plan to keep you on track of what you need to do every day to keep working towards your goal. Wishing for something to happen will never come unless you take action.
First you need to establish what your fitness goal will be, then we plan out everything you need to do in order to achieve your goal.
Is your goal Fat Loss? Muscle gain? To feel confident? To learn exercises? Or just to improve your physical fitness? They will all still require a specific plan having short, medium and long-term goals. This is where Personal Best Coaching can help.
If your goal is to compete in a bodybuilding show then it is essential to set short, medium and long-term goals because building muscle takes years of hard work and isn’t something that happens overnight. My current fitness goal is to gain as much muscle mass as possible whilst maintaining a fairly lean physique. In order to achieve that, I have mesocycles planned out where I will be in a calorie surplus for a period of time, then have short ‘mini cut’ phases throughout to drop a small amount of body fat. I would not achieve this if I didn’t have a coach to keep me on track with my training, nutrition and any other factors.
There are things you need to be doing daily to ensure that you are staying on track. If you create a checklist every morning for things you need to achieve before you go to bed it will keep you accountable.
My daily checklists:
- Hitting macros every day – I record this on My Fitness Pal.
- Ensuring that my workouts are completed with the correct weight – by my coach setting RPE and LSRIR’s so I know that I am working with the correct volume.
- Getting sufficient amount of sleep – I try to keep in a routine of sleeping 11-7. You may not require this much but this is what I feel is necessary for my body to rest and recover sufficiently.
- Keeping stress levels low – Stress can inhibit you from progressing in all aspect of your life.
- Complete my spreadsheet so my coach can record my results.
Tips to stay on track of your goals
- Have a support network – If you are a client of PBC and ever feel like you are struggling, you are able to express how you feel to your coach. A quick text message, email or call can help you reset and get straight back on track. If you have concerns that your form is not correct, you have an expert telling you what you can do to improve it. PBC offers 24/7 support to its clients to give you comfort in knowing that someone is always here to help you.
- Be part of a fitness community – You will find that when you put yourself into a gym, you will connect with people that are on the same path as you. The gym provides so much more than just completing a workout. You should take a step out of your comfort zone and introduce yourself to people and explain what you are doing and why you are doing it. You will build relationships and connect with people that are also on their own fitness journey where you can share knowledge and support one another. Please join our PBC Facebook Community for FREE where like-minded women cheer you on through online support.